Friday, October 2

things I love: patrick davy music




I thought it's a good idea to talk about stuff I love from time to time, I'll also add some style element to it :)
today, I'm gonna introduce you to patrick davy, a young musician from detroit.

I don't know much about him- I just happened to run into his myspace about a year ago. it was shortly after leaving my beloved michigan and I had just started school here, in a huge city with almost nobody I knew, so it was perfect timing. I was enchanted by his music, it just grew and grew on me everyday. I am so proud of my discovery, I added one more item to my "soundtracks to my life" list.

he has some pretty mature words to say, yet it's still so young and fresh. you can feel the very distinct kind of gloom almost unique to detroit. it's a lot like an artistic, beautiful heartache.

don't you just love the inspiring combination of a very young person; a blossoming brand new life and the city of detroit; a ghost city, tough as hell, out of hope?
the city's almost like a biblical story, so surreal. so beautifully destroyed.

how amazing and scary life is.

if this sounds good to you, take a a look at his myspace page or website, where you can find his tracks, videos & info.
amongst the songs, my personal favorites are -though I developed a personal connection with almost all the songs over time-  we cannot return and where it began.
what do you think? have I added anyone to the fan army?

lastly, for my blog's name's sake, I made a polyvore set where I took inspiration from what patrick davy music and detroit makes me feel. enjoy!



detroit by popsiclepout featuring Monsoon accessories

stay gloomy, stay stylish.
detroit
love.

No comments: