Saturday, January 23

editorial: spring's best designer fashion

I know I need an excuse for my 3-week absence... one word: finals.

if I had to sum up my impressions on the upcoming season in a couple keywords, it would be: pastel color palette, flowy, breezy fabrics, bohemian appeal, nude colors, dishevelled textures, minimalism, 90's flair, lolita appeal, sparkles. this editorial from marie claire is a great showcase - season's bests from 13 designers.


in case you wondered, on model's nails, there's essie's mint candy apple. seems like minty green polish is here to stay!

 gucci: a bit too 90's for my liking, but I like how breezy and summery it is.




lanvin: I feel like this dress is gonna be one of the star pieces of the season. it throughly satisfies the girly desires but it has a very tough, rebellious appeal at the same time. the fabric is delicious and the structure is marvelous. alber elbaz, you're a real genius.



chanel: not really a huge fan of Lagerfeld, but this one is amazing. sexy peasant! it's slightly bohemian but still very chanel. and I love the "jewelry overload" look with multiple rings & bracelets, it complements the overall look very well.



yves saint laurent


roberto cavalli


louis vuitton: I think the dress looks uber cheap. nothing special.


versace: not revolutionary, really, but still very good. great silhouette, amazing details. sexy without being slutty. versace knows women well.


donna karan: there's probably nothing else as sexy & classy as a nude-colored bandage dress, and this one sure is a decent example.


ralph lauren: this is why I love ralph lauren. very timeless, very ralph but it still reflects zeitgeist.
I want those torn cigarette pants so bad, and take note; denim shirts are gonna be big this season!


valentino


calvin klein


michael kors


prada

model: caroline winberg

love.

No comments: