Monday, November 9

literary clutch bags

 recently, I've been craving over some books in particular. or, as style.com says, “the ‘books’ in question are actually rectangular box clutches that feature hand-knit copies of the covers of some favorite reads.”


I came across these book-shaped clutch bags made with canvas, embroidered and silk-thread, created by charming parisienne Olympia Le-Tan and immediately fell in love with every single one of them.

Le-Tan used  the first edition covers as the reference point, which is amazing in my opinion. the collection is titled "you can't judge a book by its cover", and sold exclusively at colette in paris. got some extra cash? go buy one.




 
beautiful Olympia Le-Tan, posing with one of her creations. love love love.






(photos from dazed digital and beautiful/decay)

the idea of turning an object people carry to be cool into a clutch bag... this is what I call creativity. I totally have my eyes on for whom the bell tolls and 1984.


sometimes you can judge a book by its cover, apparently.

love.

No comments: