nowadays; deep cherry, mulberry or wine shades are growing on me. though it's usually more common on fall/winter fashion shows, I find it to be such a fresh look for the spring. especially paired with nude outfits, it's just irresistible.
since it's so striking on its own, you don't really need to put a lot of effort on the rest of your face- I complete the look with pale, natural-looking skin, subtly defined brows, a bit of barely-there highlighter and a dash of mascara.
to get this look; you can go for either a lipstain, sheer lipstick or gently pat a more opaque lippie and smudge it for a matte transparent finish. another technique is to put a thick swipe of deep lipstick on, leave it on for a couple minutes, then blot it off with a tissue- this really stains your lips.
I use a sheer berry lipstick that's slightly dewy in texture, but also willing to try a stain ASAP!
- Laura Mercier lipstain in Mulberry
- Nars lipstain gloss in Victoria
- Smashbox photo finish lipstick in Ravishing
- 3 Custom Color lip and cheek stain in Ski Bunny
- Bobbi Brown pot rouge for lips & cheeks in Chocolate Cherry
- CoverGirl outlast lipstain in Sassy Mauve
- Urban Decay lip envy in Greedy
- Givenchy printed lips lip stainer in Pink Impression
is there anything more french than a wine-stained pout? try this look with classic french chic items, believe me it works.
a berry lip is just delicious and pretty striking paired with gray.
this spring's boudoir-esque nudes get along pretty well with berry-stained lips.